Mixtape Marathon


"In vacant or in pensive mood..." I am: Bekah; 24; Law Student / Favorite Things: Carbs (so there!), Johnny Damon, Smiling at babies, Grilled cheese, Comfortable silence / Favorite Supreme Court Justice: Brennan / Favorite Wilson: Owen by an inch / Today's Special: Song: Elliott Smith, "Bled White"; Quote: "You know, there's like a butt-load of gangs at this school. This one gang kept wanting me to join because I'm pretty good with a bowstaff." Please love me: mmbekah@yahoo.com


February 2003 March 2003 April 2003 May 2003 June 2003 July 2003 August 2003 September 2003 October 2003 November 2003 December 2003 January 2004 February 2004 March 2004 April 2004 May 2004 June 2004 July 2004 August 2004 September 2004 October 2004 November 2004 December 2004 January 2005 September 2005
Sunday, October 17, 2004
 
Namecalling

There are two stuffed monkeys in our apartment. The larger one, given to me by my sister, is named Monkey. Apt, don't you think? The other, a smaller monkey wearing a Michigan shirt, is named D'Brickashaw Ferguson. It pains me to admit that I didn't come up with the name D'Brickashaw on my own. The little monkey is actually named after the left tackle for Virginia. Why? Because D'Brickashaw Ferguson is the absolute coolest name in the entire world. (By the by, if you disagree with that assessment I don't recommend telling the original D'Brickashaw--he's 6'5'', 295 lbs. And he's had a lifetime of namecalling on the playground to get worked up about).

My dear friend Costa recently hurt her back very badly and had to stay in the hospital for several days. When she emerged, she was still in a lot of pain. Adding insult to injury, her doctor made it clear that she would not be allowed to lift a backpack for quite some time. So what did darling Costa have to do? She had to buy a rolly bag. I don't know anyone in the world who made more fun of rolly bags than Costa, and it was a sad day when she first rolled into school. I named her bag Eunice. It's the only name that would do. Eunice is also a name that my college friends and I used to refer to our uteruses (uteri?) during certain uncomfortable times of the month. As I've illustrated, the name Eunice is applicable to a variety of circumstances, all of which are annoying and/or uncomfortable.

My car's name is Franny, sometimes Fran. J's car's name is Oscar. Elliot's car's name is Oliver. J's old car's name is Ferdinand (he was a metrosexual). My old car's name was Elliott. My computer's name is Legolas. I named all of these things. I like to name things. Now I want to know all of your car/stuffed animal/assorted inanimate object names. Tell them to me. They better be good.